Tuesday, December 4, 2012

homework


We got our first "homework" assignment this past weekend. My cousin made a remark when her twins were 3 or 4 (they're 11 now) that weekend homework in preschool was about training the parents, not prepping the kids for K. I rolled my eyes at the time, but I think she is right. 

The "assignment" was to decorate Quinn's Star of the Week "onsie" poster for their classroom window (it is her week, obviously). At 5 pm on Sunday, I sat down and order photos from Walgreens, where I also bought markers when I picked them up, then had to scrounge around the house for a gluestick. I also committed a cardinal error in crafting  - gluing without pre-testing the layout. Oh well. Hopefully the one year olds won't judge.  I will try to do a little better with Avery's (but I can't do anything like get backing for the photos or do a cute teeshirt design or anything else I thought of on my way to work TODAY since that would be pretty unfair, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment